This upgraded apple crisp recipe is the perfect holiday dessert that won’t ruin your nutrition goals!
- 6 organic baking apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (if using sweeter apples, use 1/4 cup coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp apple pie spice (optional)
- 3/4 cup gluten free 1 to 1 baking flour (I recommend Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 3/4 cup old fashioned gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick grass fed butter, melted (I recommend Kerrygold brand)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Put apple slices in a bowl. Add lemon juice and stir to coat. In a separate bowl, mix dry filling ingredients and sprinkle over the apples. Stir until apples are evenly coated with the dry filling ingredients. Coat a 9-inch square pan lightly in butter. Place apple filling into the pan and set aside.
For the topping, combine all dry topping ingredients in a bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apple mixture. Bake apple crips uncovered for 1-1.5 hours or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender.
Store in refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container.
1/2 cup apple crisp = 1 serving
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment